Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Chocolate


Well, I can safely say that I am not alone in my affinity for eating good chocolate. First off, like the morels that I will discuss at a later time, I love truffles...mmmm, soft, creamy goodness [yes, again said in a Homer Simpson voice]. I also am partial to dark chocolate (71% or greater cocoa for me). Allow good dark chocolate to melt in your mouth and then shift it back and forth across your tongue...notice the fruity flavor? I like that. Trader Joe's has a nice selection that allows you to sample different cocoa percentages of beans from various countries. Hershey's Chocolate World ride is right, it does matter where the bean is grown. But now the best for last...I once had the opportunity at work to partake of chocolate from Mary Chocolatier Brussels. I had always been inundated with the claims of Belgian chocolate superiority, and alas I can attest to the truthfulness to these claims, as Mary's was by far the best chocolate that I have ever had the pleasure of putting in my mouth. After tasting Mary's, I quickly searched the web to purchase a box of my very own, but at least at the time I was disheartened by the $80/lb to ship it to the States (with current exchange rates it is probably even worse).


No comments: