Friday, January 22, 2010

Another Thing I Don't Like


Going home from work I discover that the check engine light is on. Realizing that I had just filled up with gas, I figure that I must have not twisted the gas cap on well. However, I feel prompted to flip up the hood and give the engine a look over. I figured I could check the oil, because that is about my level of car knowledge. Popped the hood and discovered a pile of leaves behind the engine block. I thought it was odd, and almost thought it looked like a purposefully made nest or something. Surely not....After the removal of the leaves I was astonished to see missing and pieces of tubes and wiring. Could they have gotten sucked up to some spinning part of the engine? I called my wife and told her i was going to attempt to take the car to our trusted mechanic, who thankfully was close by. The car now began to lurch at every stop, just begging to shut itself down. Luckily, I made it to the mechanic, who upon hearing my story was quick to say that it sounded like mice. He looked and exclaimed that something much bigger than a mouse did that. At first I had images of a big-old-nasty rat, but after some research, we believe it to have been the work of one of the many squirrels in our neighborhood. Not so cute anymore!






No comments: