Thursday, May 14, 2009

Competition

I am not ashamed to admit that I like being competitive, which really means I like to win...don't get me wrong I am no sore loser (at least not most of the time), I just like to win. And if you win, there is no need to be sore about losing.

After arriving home today, I proudly, yea even boastfully, declared that I still had the ability to "Wow people with my physical showmanship," which of course my wife thought sounded like I was admitting to being a Chip-and-Dale dancer. But no, I was talking about triumph at the dizzy bat race, which was part of the carnival type festivities that followed a company meeting.

I watched others participating in the dizzy bat race, and was at first inclined to stay clear, but it took few seconds to change my mind. In this version of the game, you were required to spin around on a bat, as pictured, five times before running to another bat about 50 yards or so away and repeating the spinning, before attempting to run back past the starting line.

The record before my attempt was 1:58, and I was determined to take the record for my own. As I spun around at the start, the time keeper said that I was flying, which encouraged me to seek nothing less than total victory. I ran to the second bat with very little trouble and started the spins again. On my way back I ran as fast as I could, managing to stay on my feet, although the dizziness caused me to run diagonally, and I ended up at least 50 yards from the first bat, but I needed only to cross the line. I was the only one to stay standing, and my time was 1:02! Victory was sweet, especially since in recent time I have had very few physical fetes to boast of. So at least if I have to go to work tomorrow with a red end-of-bat mark on my forehead, I can wear it with pride.

3 comments:

genkiboy said...

a "Chip-and-Dale dancer"? sexy...

:D

Me said...

Yeah, kind of like this:

Chip-and-Dale Dance Video:)

heather said...

Wahoo! Congrats on your victory. Who knew you had such skillz i would have puked after the first time