Saturday, April 18, 2009

Visiting the Estates of U.S. Presidents


My family and I enjoy taking tours of historical homes, which for me was fostered by mother, who always liked to take us to places like Shaker Village in Kentucky, etc. My wife and I have discovered that visiting the homes of our former Presidents is especially enjoyable.

While visiting Lancaster County, PA this past week, we took some time to take a tour of Wheatland, the estate of former President James Buchanon. The guide was very knowledgeable and friendly, and was quick to rememeber the names of our boys. It was a beautiful home and the surrounding neigborhood was an architectural treat. I would love to live in one of any number of homes surrounding Wheatland.

So far, we have also visited Mount Vernon, and Monticello. We can take advantage of living in Virgina and visiting Ohio, to get in several more homes of Presidents.

No comments: