Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tennis


I have always enjoyed tennis. I love playing it, and I love to go see matches (which has only happened once thus far). In 1990 or so, I was lucky enough to go to the semi-finals of the ATP Master Series Tournament in Cincinnati, after my friend Ryan J.'s mother gave my mother and me their tickets that they couldn't use. The highlight was seeing my favorite tennis player Stefan Edberg, who was then ranked number 1 in the world. It was an awesome experience to see tennis in person. To me it was like the symphony of sports, in fact you were required to be quiet during play and had to know when and when not to applaud.

Anyway, as I have mentioned in previous posts, I have not had the chance to play in a long while and I wanted to join a daddy-son tennis training program. I would have to wait until spring to enroll in any such class, and so I finally decided I could wait no longer. Today after work, I got out my rackets and started to teach my oldest son to play as pictured above. He was a natural...He had a great swing...He loved it.

I can't wait to continue tomorrow.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Hey - I went to the tennis tourney once too (I think with Jarom Olsen). I played tennis this weekend too with my husband. I can't admit to being very good (ok - I pretty much suck). But I love playing.

Cute pics too!