Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Audiobooks

I now have the shortest commute I have ever had (25-30 minutes), but I still have plenty of time to listen to the Book of Mormon or other good audiobooks. I usually try to listen to the Book of Mormon on the way to work, and then listen to my latest audiobook checked out online from our local library.

Yes, gone are the days (mostly) where I have to go to the Library to pick up books on CDs. Nor do I have to fumble with changing the CDs while driving. Now, with companies like OverDrive Media, I can just download various audiobooks or ebooks to my desktop and then sync them to my Palm TX. Then with my FM transmitter (if you need one - look for Hong Kong models on ebay for under $10) I just tune to 106.3 (as it is a clear channel where I live) and enjoy.

On a similar note, for work related items, I love Books24x7, which has all the key work related references for viewing online. This resource assuredly helped me get various certifications that have benefited my career.

2 comments:

Christie said...

I've yet to get into audiobooks. In general, I much prefer music to talk when I'm in the car. But since I also have a long commute, maybe I should give it a try.

Corrie- said...

We love audiobooks, especially when we go on long trips, it goes by so much faster with a good book. We just got back from a trip to the Outer Banks and listened to The Broker & Playing for Pizza, both by Grisham. Good reads!