Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Movies

I have always loved movies, and I primarily mean at the movie theaters. Growing up without air conditioning in a hot and humid part of the country for many years, I have fond memories of cooling off in the summer while watching a movie from a green vinyl, squeaky, and often sticky Showcase Cinema seat. I even loved coming out of the dark theater into the sun, being temporarily blinded until my eyes could adjust.

Now, I dream of custom building my own basement theater complete with stadium seating and a popcorn machine, especially needed for the nostalgic smells of a theater (and I am not going for the inner city theater smells that we have experienced in Maryland mind you). Until that time I will enjoy the occasions of going to the local multiplex.

Recently I took my oldest to see Wall-E as a treat. This was the first non-science based I-Max film that he was able to sit through (he only lasted five minutes in Spiderman 3, despite his love for Spiderman 1), of course I had to stuff his ears with pieces of napkins as it was a little loud for him. In short he loved it, and cannot wait to go see the new Clone Wars movie.

No comments: