Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Chinese

I of course love Chinese food, but this also represents my love of languages. I have studied and speak/read/understand the following languages to varying degrees in order from highest to lowest: Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Latin, Hebrew, Ancient Egyptian, Korean, Polish, Arabic, Thai, and Welsh. I have translated portions, nano sized portions of an ancient Egyptian text, and some day I would like to study the relationship between Hebrew and Thai, as I think that the Thai alphabet looks like a very ornate version of Hebrew...we shall see.


Ok, on to the food. I said Chinese...but I really love all Asian cuisine...Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai.... Of course I can say yum yum to Dim Sum (yes, even chicken feet, washed of course), certainly to sushi, and by all means to bulgogi. Before going to Japan, I was the pickiest of eaters, meaning that Asian cuisine was to be avoided. After Japan, everything is fair game, after all I even tried teriyaki grasshoppers. In later posts I shall go deeper into my favorite dishes.













1 comment:

heather said...

Dave it is time for you to make your famous mabu tofu!