Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fragrances

Ok, I know it sounds kind of girly, but you know how I like sweet nectar by now, and taste and smells go hand-in-hand (I mean chou dofu, aka stinky tofu, smells like a dumpster on a hot summer day, and tastes like it too)...I like things that smell good. This includes of course food smells (no details needed), cologne/perfume, flowers, air dried laundry...the list is long.
As far as cologne/perfume, I first off Happy by Clinique (of course not for myself). Certainly sweet nectar for the nose. For myself I like Cool Water, Drakkar, and Tommy for Men...in that particular order. I used to like Ralph Lauren Polo, but that was in the 80s. I also like shower gells and lotions that smell like those colognes, or tasty fruits such as lemon, melon, grape, or mango. (Yes, I am expecting to take some ridicule for this posting.)



I discovered that my favorite flower smell is the subtle but flavorful fragrance from the tall red tulips. If anyone knows of a perfume that has captured that smell let me know, if not I claim it first and want a hefty portion of the predictably high volume sales.



Finally, I remember when I lived in Japan, nothing beat the fresh crisp feel and smell of a futon mattress that had been beaten and hung outside all day. Truly the best nights sleep that I have ever had, well yeah, of course that was after hours of proselytizing door-to-door.

For the record I am only 20% girly, according to the "How girly are you?" blog quiz!

1 comment:

heather said...

How dare you stick me in the 80's like that. I still wear Polo and chicks dig me!Now all I need is a Trans-Am T-top and I'm good to go.
Fireman Mormon