Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy St. David's Day!

I am proud of my Welsh heritage and love celebrating holidays, so I celebrate St. David's Day. In the past I have made typical Welsh holiday dishes for dinner, but now while I am busy with MBA school, I at least wear my Daffodil. I made a red dragon badge for my sons to wear (still young enough that wearing a flower may yield undesired teasing from peers).

As I have mentioned before, I am a big fan of the Welsh Rugby team and was quite excited to see them beat the English to win the Triple Crown this past Saturday, thus making it a more memorable St. David's Day today. As part of the rugby experience, I always love seeing the Daffodil Heads (see picture) cheering the team on to victory. Looking forward to the last two matches of the Six Nations tournament, hoping for a Wales Grand Slam! Go Wales! Happy St. David's Day!

No comments: