Friday, February 25, 2011

Teambuilding Activities

In my HR class last semester, we were put in teams to develop a egg protection device with straws and tape.
As pictured, we had the smallest team of just two. We were given a budget, with each straw costing against that budget at differing prices based on the type of straw. We were given a limited time to design and build, before we exited the building to put our designs to the test.

When I dropped our protected egg about 12 feet down onto the pavement, our egg survived. It was one of three eggs to survive. The next challenge was to toss the egg up. I tossed ours too high, and our egg didn't survive. However, at the end, I discovered that our design was the only one under budget. The "winning" team was over budget according to several of their team members. Still bitter? A competitive guy like me? You betcha!

No comments: